FAQ’s - Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why does Xylem have a subscription when other companies sell their software?
- 2. What is a Xylem subscription and how much does it cost?
- 3. How do I start a subscription to Xylem?
- 4. How quickly will my website be up and my subscription begin?
- 5. How is the Xylem subscription billed?
- 6. What is the cancellation policy for a subscription?
- 8. Can more than one person in my organization work on Xylem at the same time?
- 9. How many people in my organization can access Xylem?
- 10. Can I access Xylem Manager from home or other computers?
- 11. How secure is my contact information on Xylem?
- 12. Will you share my name or contact information with advertisers and other businesses?
- 13. What do I do if I forget my user name?
- 14. What do I do if I forget my password?
1. Why does Xylem have a subscription when other companies sell their software?
Xylem has chosen to operate as an online subscription service rather than a purchased software product. The advantages to our clients are:
- There is no large capital investment in a product. Many software products cost hunderds and even thousands of dollars that must be paid up-front before you have even used the product. With Xylem, you are simply billed one low monthly fee.
- If Xylem is not working out for you, you can cancel at any time, subject to our cancellation policy, and you do not have the sunk cost of purchased software.
- Most purchased software is licensed by the number of machines it is installed on. For most organizations, this severely limits the number of people that can work on the system, especially the number that can work at the same time. With an online subscription service like Xylem, you have the ability for an unlimited number of people in your organization to work at the same time, and they can work from any location they have interent service!
- Subscription services have a much higher incentive to grow, support and service their product. Candidly, all software companies promise great service and support, but once you purchase the software, you are only a cost to the company, not a source of revenue. With a subscription service, we have to maintain the highest service levels in order to retain our clients and maintain our revenue stream.
- Many purchased software companies charge "maintenance fees" to continue supporting the product for your organization. Frequently these costs exceed our low monthly subscription payment.
2. What is a Xylem subscription and how much does it cost?
To view all the services offerred by a Xylem subscription, please click here. Xylem offers these services for a low monthly subscription rate of $30.00.
3. How do I start a subscription to Xylem?
Getting started is simple. Just contact us by calling, or sending an email, and we will take care of all the details of getting you set up and operating. Our contact information is here.
4. How quickly will my website be up and my subscription begin?
We can generally get you set up within 2-3 business days, including your website. However, the length of time until your website becomes active is dependent on how long it takes to purchase and propagate your new or transferred domain name. Domain names are your address on the web, usually something like www.yourorganization.com. Typically it is much quicker to implement a new domain name than it is to transfer existing domain names. Be assured that we will have you up and operational as quickly as possible given the domain constraints.
5. How is the Xylem subscription billed?
Your service can be billed in several different ways. For most organizations, authorized debits from their operating checking account each month is the preferred method of payment. However, we can also charge the payment to any credit or debit card if you would prefer.
6. What is the cancellation policy for a subscription?
To see our full cancellation policy, please click here
. In general, any subscription can be cancelled with 60 days notice. There is no credit given for partial months. We must receive written notice from an authorized person in the organization. Email correspondence is preferred.
. In general, the primary restriction is that the service be used only for the client organization, and not for personal use or the use of other organizations.
8. Can more than one person in my organization work on Xylem at the same time?
Xylem is designed to accomodate as many people as you need to work simultaneously on your system.
9. How many people in my organization can access Xylem?
Unlike some services, Xylem places no restrictions on the number of people in your organization that access Xylem.
10. Can I access Xylem Manager from home or other computers?
There are no restrictions on where and when you can access Xylem. Because we are internet based, you can log in to your Xylem account anywhere you have a computer or tablet with internet access.
11. How secure is my contact information on Xylem?
Xylem uses the latest software security. When you log in to Xylem, we employ SSL encryption to ensure your secure access. This is the same technology emplyed by banks in their online services.
12. Will you share my name or contact information with advertisers and other businesses?
We will never sell or share you information with any other advertiser or business.
13. What do I do if I forget my user name?
In order to recover your user name, you will have to email Xylem from the email address that we have on file for you. We will respond promptly to the same email address. This is implemented to protect your login security.
14. What do I do if I forget my password?
In order to recover your password, please got to the Xylem Manager login screen, and click "forgotten password". The password will be emailed to the email address that we have on file for you.
Still have questions?
For further information, please contact us here.